Tot-Ally Awesome Recipes From Totchos To Sweet Po-Tot-O Pie, Shipped Right to Your Door
Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
Scalloped potatoes are a traditional and satisfying side dish. Thinly sliced potatoes are baked until tender and golden brown on top in a rich and creamy cheese sauce.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the milk, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes, or until the mixture thickens.
- Stir in the cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, salt, pepper, and nutmeg until the cheeses melt.
- Half of the potatoes should be layered in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Half of the cheese sauce should be poured over the potatoes.
- Rep with the rest of the potatoes and cheese sauce.
- Bake for 45 minutes with the baking dish covered in foil.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden brown.
- Allow the scalloped potatoes to cool slightly before serving.
The Mashed Potato Cookbook
The Sweet Potato Lover's Cookbook
French Fry Cutter And Potato Slicer
Tornado Potato Skewers Recipe
Garlic Home Fries Recipe
Roasted Potatoes with Ham, Fried Eggs and Spinach Recipe
Homemade Purple Potato Chips Recipe